About the ministry in Greece
Child Evangelism Fellowship is a Bible-centered organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.
CEF in Greece was established 55 years ago, by a Greek single lady who was trained and encouraged to start this wonderful children’s ministry in Greece by the founder of CEF Int’l, Irwin Overholtzer.
In 1990 Stefanos and Magda Botonis became the National Directors of CEF in Greece. Since then God has blessed the work and CEF has now different ministries and children’s workers mainly in Thessaloniki and Athens.
There are two goals in Greece
- To reach the children with the Gospel. There are 2 million children in Greece
- CEF of Greece reaches them with Christmas and Easter programs in schools, orphanages, hospital, Gypsy and refugee camps, homes, churches and open-air programs in parks.
- There are weekly and monthly Good News Clubs in homes, churches and Gypsy camps. The children of the neighborhood come for an hour and hear Bible lessons, learn Bible verses, sing songs, play games and hear about God’s love for them.
- Every year CEF organizes a day event for children in Thessaloniki and Athens, they are called Children’s Conferences and weekly Vacation Bible Schools in different churches for the neighborhood kids. CEF also uses Lego events to reach children.
- There is a children’s (exerevnites.com) and a teen’s (teensgeneration.gr) webpage which help children grow in their knowledge of God. There are also internet Bible correspondence lessons for children and teens in Greek (mailbox.edu.gr).
- To help the Christian children grow.
- The CEF office translates and prepares materials to help the teachers in their Sunday school classes. There are very few teaching materials in Greek other than that of CEF’s.
- CEF provides 30-hour Training Courses (TCE-1 and 2) and trains Sunday school teachers and children’s helpers how to better teach the children of their classes or GNC’s. CEF also organizes special Day seminars for teachers and parents of preschool children or teens.
- There are Daily Devotionals printed and Correspondence lessons developed to help the children know more about their relationship with God. CEF organizes the program and teaches the Bible lessons in two big camps, one at the foot of mount Olympus and one close to Athens.
- There is a CEF camp located 20 min. North of Thessaloniki. Hope Christian Center has 7 cabins which accommodate up to 50 people, two rail cars that serve as kitchen and dining hall and a big hall for 150 people. The property also includes an amphitheater, a basketball court, a mini soccer field, a climbing wall and a 100-meter-long zip line.
Hope Christian Center
Hope Christian Center is used mainly for the CEF camps: Easter camp, Art & Craft camp, Sports camp, Teens camp and Music Camp. When we have an English-speaking church group, we organize an English camp, where all the lessons and activities are done in English, so that the teens can practice speaking in English.
For more details please contact the National Office in Greece
Address: Stefanos Botonis
str. Leonida 19.
Tel: +30 23 1030 5515
Mobil: +30 69 4919 4568